1. This role will need to coordinate and manage Capital Expenditures Projects including early stages, with global engineering, procurement and construction firm(s) or with existing company resources.
2. Assists and plans for the development of project execution strategies, leads the Request for Quotation (RFQ) and negotiation efforts, gets techno-commercial alignment with relevant stakeholders for bidding award, and executes and administers contracts and purchase orders in accordance with established policies and procedures.
3. Develop strategy, expand local supplier database, work closely with global CTG, with a key focus on China localization of equipment supply in-line with Capital project overall imperatives to deliver value, cost savings and other optimization initiatives.
4. Collaborates with internal stakeholders in multi sites to understand stakeholders needs, work with local and global MRO indirect procurement team, identify competitive advantage from existing MRO contracts that will be useful for Capital Expenditures Procurement and identify opportunities for improvement or change.
5. Maintains strong relationships with vendors within the industry and remains aware of current market conditions as well as new developments or “leading edge” ideas.
6. Drive safety expectation with contractors along with project requirements.
7. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures, ethical practices, and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
1. Bachelor's degree, in engineering/business related discipline.
2. Fluent in English and Chinese, both writing and speaking.
3. Strong analytical skills, including market/supplier intelligence collection & analysis, cost analysis skills.
4. Strong negotiation skills and interpersonnal savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people, including senior management.
5. Ability to multi-task and manage complexity with the cyclical nature of Projects.
6. Ability to lead change and influence others.
7. 5+ years solid experience in Indirect procurement, preferable Capital Expenditures Procurement.