Manage one category of Asia regional Raw Materials purchasing. Most of raw materials purchased are used in intermediate chemical products with low margin. The success of sourcing the raw materials is critical to business success. The job includes strategy development, strategy alignment with global business, contract negotiation and supplier relationship management.
Manage one or more major raw materials for Asia including strategy development, strategy alignment with business, supply market analysis, contract negotiation and strategic supplier relationship management to obtain and maintain competitive cost advantage. Major materials include but not limited to polymer, additives, fiber glass, etc.;
- Provide strategy framework and market evaluations including supply/demand, production economics, competitive forces, etc.;
- Interface with business lines, and other key functional stakeholders to ensure alignment with business strategies;
- Seek for innovative ways and Lead strategic sourcing projects relate to the materials in charge, which reduce cost, enhance revenues, operational efficiency, EHS performance and new product development;
- Negotiate raw material contracts and spot buys across Asia sites with global and local suppliers with the overall goal to provide raw material to businesses at favorable conditions;
- Ensure security of supply for all Asia sites and Prepare rolling price forecast for the materials in charge;
- Supervise “Supplier Quality Management” process and handle external and internal audits.
- Other tasks assigned by the manager.
-Detail and results oriented, self-starter, can handle multiple tasks
-Strong commercial acumen and capability of understanding market dynamics
-Good negotiation skill, result driven and able to work in an organized way
-Fluent in Chinese and English
-Open personality to be able to build up good relationship with suppliers/peers/market players
-Team player, able to act in the team regionally and globally, strong self-control
-5 years + related working experience