• Provide technical support for customers through:
o Recommendation of Santoprene™ TPV grades in customer applications to meet market needs
o Technical assistance for product trouble shooting, application development, and design recommendations
o Trial support of new, existing, and developmental grades of Santoprene™ TPV
o Familiarity with TPV property testing, characterization and result analysis
o Resolution of quality issues with collaboration from CE Manufacturing and Product Management
o Presentation of Santoprene™ TPV product portfolio, applications, and fabrication processes
• Support Application Development Teams (ADTs) through:
o Translation of customer/market needs into new application development or recommendation for new product development
o Active participation in trade shows and customer seminars
o Survey of markets trends, technical literature, and patent monitoring
o Maintaining familiarity with commercial application techniques through interactions with equipment OEMs, literature surveys, and ongoing training
o Providing technical training to Sales, Marketing, and Manufacturing personnel
o Sharing of information and best practices inter-regional as well as globally
• Develop and maintain key relationships in market as well as with internal stakeholders including:
o Key customer contacts for continuing business development
o Industry organizations, regulatory bodies, and equipment OEMs
o Sales account representatives for assigned customer accounts
o Marketing representatives for assigned ADTs
o Global technology including product and process technology colleagues
• Required Yrs Exp: 0-10
• Required Education: BSc. or higher degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or polymer-related field
• Relevant work experience in thermoplastics (TP) or elastomers processing and applications is a plus
• Willingness to travel domestically
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Proficiency in the use of computers and possess excellent administrative and organizational competencies
• Ability to effectively manage relationships across multiple business functions and in diverse work group
• Basic English skills required for global communication and cross functional interaction
• Financial acumen: Interpreting and applying the understanding of key financial indicators to make better contractual decisions
• Tech savvy: Ability to navigate the technical needs of SAP, TMS, WMS and other technical transportation solutions
• Resourcefulness: Translates business strategies into actionable plans by leveraging market and functional knowledge
• Cultivates innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful, drive changes .
• Develop and execute major negotiation strategies as well as supervising lower value contract negotiation with various vendors for all modes of transportation and storage.
• Responsible for year over year spend savings.
• Maintains critical strategic supplier relationships to continually dialogue and develop “leading edge” ideas to further advance and create long term competitive advantage for the businesses.
• Identify, evaluate and select suppliers based upon previous performance and established criteria which will result in “value creation” and competitive advantage.