Advanced Specialist – IP21 Systems is a key contributor who is responsible for providing and IT/OT support for a global landscape of Aspen IP.21 process data historians. Knowledge of all aspects of a modern process data historian are expected, including data acquisition, historization, management, analysis and visualization.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of both IP.21 and AVEVA PI, though Aspen IP.21 is a must to fill this position.
This role is responsible for directly supporting related technologies across all Celanese manufacturing units and locations. This position will require close collaboration with other internal IT and OT teams, as well as internal site manufacturing and technology experts. A typical day may be spent on both project-based and ongoing support work.
- 5+ years of experience with the management, configuration and support of process data historian / analysis / visualization platforms. Working knowledge of the Aspen IP.21 platform is required.
- Solid understanding of concepts and protocols associated with machine data acquisition and system integration. Incl OPC, Modbus, Ethernet/IP, ProfiBus/Net.
- Effective contribution to manufacturing-related IT and OT projects from implementation through ongoing support.
- Familiar with concepts of data acquisition and machine industrial control systems.
- Familiar with segmented, secured industrial and business networks.
- Knowledge of the functions and operation of technology with an emphasis on applications and services that are close-coupled to manufacturing.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to translate functional requirements and/or technical specifications into functional IT solutions
- Able to track problems and support issues through resolution
-Working knowledge of both AVEVA PI in addition to Aspen IP.21 historians.
- Experience supporting IP.21 systems used in manufacturing companies
-Experience managing IT projects.