Serve as the key interface between customers, CAM, sales, program managers, manufacturing and the product specialists. Enable growth and profitability utilizing expansive knowledge of CE products by effective product selection & positioning, application and formulation evolution.
Provide technical leadership to the pursuit of new business opportunities and the management of business risks resulting from product capabilities, customer requirements and regulatory certifications.
Develop and sustain product specialist team capability and effectiveness.
1. Ensure alignment of product specialist team activities to P&L and Commercial priorities.
2. Systematically develop the deep technical foundation of the product specialist team.
3. Establish processes for systematic recommendation of product selection to the commercial team and technical recommendations to commercial, quality, manufacturing and field tech service regarding the resolution of customer complaints.
4. Establish and maintain consistent processes to negotiate customer specifications AND align SAP inspection plans.
5. Ensure excellence in data analysis and application by product specialist team.
6. Resolve technical risks resulting from product quality, capability or regulations.
7. Oversee the creation and maintenance of knowledge management systems for comprehensive data stewardship.
8. Develop, maintain and improve product technical training to other CE functions.
9. Provide technical advisement to senior business leadership on major corporate objectives and initiatives
10. Deliver on Raw Material driven Productivity targets.
11. Utilize the career development guides to mentor and develop technical staff and ensure qualified employees are moving through the technical career ladder
1. Translation of business priorities to technical activities
2. Development of individuals and team
3. Broad understanding of product line performance data.
4. Excellent technical judgment when decisions must be made in the absence of complete data.
5. Insightful technical risk assessment and mitigation
6. Leadership across functions and regions, particularly in time critical and high risk situations.