- Enable growth and profitability utilizing expansive knowledge of CE products by effective product selection & positioning, application and formulation evolution.
- Ensure technical communications to customers through marketing literature, datasheets and specific requests are supported by valid and properly archived data.
- Recommend product selection to the commercial team for the best technical fit and production capability.
- Provide technical recommendations to commercial, quality, manufacturing and field tech service regarding the resolution of customer complaints.
- Negotiate customer specifications AND establish and monitor SAP inspection plans.
- Approve and validate proposed manufacturing changes based on impact to product capability to meet customer commitments.
- Ensure CE position on product stewardship and quality issues is supported by valid and properly archived data.
- Maintain product property database and archives of application specific test data
- Support/deliver 2nd source qualification and raw material substitution programs as needed
- Provide product technical training to other CE functions and at customer exchanges.
- Recognize and communicate product line limitations that may be opportunities for new product development.
- Evaluate technical need for new product requests against existing products and historical experience.
- Deep understanding of product line performance data.
- Excellence in statistical rigor in capability assessments and technical judgment when decisions must be made in the absence of complete data.
- Insightful technical risk assessment and mitigation
- Communication and collaboration across functions and regions, particularly in time critical and high risk situations.