- Work with managers and collaborate sales, planning, supply chain to develop Asia business strategy and set variable margin/EBIT goal for the subject product.
- Drive growth and profitability through Product line Management by cascading in-year financial and volume targets (i.e. sub region, customer grouping) and optimizing volume/product allocations on a monthly / quarterly basis; P&L accountability
- Manage price realization by setting price targets, monitoring and interacting with Sales for executing pricing incl. increase announcements for area of responsibility and communicating pricing trends, price increases / justifications and other information to key relationship stakeholders
- Customer analysis: utilize CE pricing tools to ensure customer pricing and profitability is in line with size and strategic importance; make recommendations as required.
- Competitive Analysis: Develop database of global competitor activity around product movement, customer focus, capacity expansions, technology development, etc.
- Market Analysis: Develop deep understanding of all key end markets including short- and long-term growth rates, opportunities and threats, key partners; communicate information on a regular basis. Develop customer leads and insights with Sales/Channel partners to build new commercial opportunities across the product portfolio aligned to global product and asset strategies. Support Sales/Channel at customers, as needed.
- Frequent update the regional product forecast on a biweekly basis of sales volume, pricing and variable margin (and maybe more often as required by the business leadership)
- University degree in technical or commercial field, MBA preferred
- Strong Business Acumen
- Minimum of 5 years of product management experience or related commercial experience
- Ability to successfully implement P&L decisions across organizational boundaries
- Strong cross-functional team leadership skills
- Strong conflict management skills and results orientation
- Fluent in English