Responsible for development with special emphasis on latest technology in color and effects for engineered plastics, color instrument technology, and new processes for producing masterbatches. Work with strategic partners on pigment, dyes, special effects, and novelty colorant system for a variety of plastics applications. Responsibilities also include developing new process techniques for making color concentrate using state of the art equipment.
- Broad knowledge of polymer chemistry, polymeric material and properties, polymer blends/alloys, principles of polymerization
- In-depth knowledge and hand on experience in processing technologies of thermoplastics
- Plastics formulation, additives, fillers and reinforcements, pigment and masterbatch.
- Plastics and color matching related testing, analysis, characterization and process structure performance relationship
- Manage and track multiple projects and activities
- Communicate internally and externally; both verbally and in writing; Excellent communication and summarization capability
- Initiate innovative concepts and ideas, generate prototype samples, conduct pilot scale trials, transfer the concepts to manufacturing and commercialization
- Work with targets and deadline
Six sigma knowledge is desired. Better to have scale up, Mfg practice and experience. Have experience to handle global projects. Polymer compounding, polymer related, chemical engineer majority are preferred.
Required Yrs Exp: >5 year
Required Education: Master is a must