1. Demonstrate support for the vision of excellence in EHS and implement corresponding roles and responsibilities specified in “Celanese Employees and Leaders EHS Roles and Responsibilities” matrix.
2. Under the guidance of a Shift Team Leader or his/her designee, operates an assigned portion of the process unit, either manually or through automatic control, complying with safety, Health, Environmental, and Housekeeping Standards.
3. Starts up and shuts down chemical process equipment according to established practices and procedures with guidance from senior technician in order to begin or cease production in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
4. Responds to upsets or abnormal process conditions according to established practices and procedures in order to maintain production in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
5. Performs gauging and transferring operations of raw materials, intermediate and finished products to and from rundown tanks, field storage tanks, and terminal facilities.
6. Recommends, coordinates and monitors maintenance work as needed in order to ensure operations with unit operational guidelines. Raises maintenance requisitions when needed.
7. Initiate improvement ideas to improve unit safety, operation, optimization etc.
1. Solid knowledge on basic chemistry and process.
2. More than 1 year operating experience in petrochemical or refinery units.